TRAINING COURSE FOR CHAPLAINS’ CARE MINISTRY
Step I -- Basic Course Requirements.
1. $40.00 fee for training and books, (all checks have to be written out to Community Bible Baptist Church)
and in the memo write CCM.
2. One 2 hour class per week for a period of 8 weeks
3. On the job training with a CCM chaplain which will include visiting local nursing homes once a week.
4. A team project due at the end of 8 weeks, with each team participating in a power point 10 minute presentation put together from one of the five books required for reading.
Step II –After Classroom Training.
1. Upon completion of the “8 week basic course requirements”, you will be serving as a Chaplain in Training assigned to a CCM Chaplain for a 90 day period, visiting with one CCM Chaplain once a week for the 90 days. When you begin your 90 days period of training, you will begin turning in monthly reports as required. Monthly reports end on the 25th of each month and due in office by the 27th of each month.
2. After the 90 days in which you have served faithfully with the CCM Chaplain, you will be given a date to be interviewed and a date to be commissioned.
3. After the commissioning you will become a Certified Chaplain and will be expected to have a nursing home to serve faithfully on the same day every week.
Step III -- Basic Responsibilities as a Chaplain
1. To fulfill your responsibilities at your care facility
2. Reports end on the 25th and due in office by the 27th of each month. This will began after your 8 week training period.
3. These responsibilities will continue as long as you are a chaplain with CCM.
4. Failure to meet the above responsibilities for a period of two months will cause the Board to consider whether your membership with CCM will be continued.
Step IV -- Expectation
1. CCM prayer meetings are held bi-weekly on Monday 6:30 PM. We ask that our Chaplains participate and attend the meetings.
2. Commissioning of New Chaplains is held as needed.
All Chaplains are expected to attend the Commissioning services, to get acquainted with new chaplains, to support them. We do expect the chaplains to attend these events.
3. Chaplains are expected to attend any CCM local Seminars that are held.